Disease Name: Red rot
- Discolouration of the young leaves and The margins and tips of the leaves wither and the leaves droop
- These include the reddening of the internal tissues, especially the vascular bundles, which are usually elongated at right angles to the long axis of the stalk.
- When we split the stems emit a characteristic acidic-sour odour
- Soak the setts in 0.1% Carbendazim solution for 20 minutes before planting or Hot water treatment of setts at 52 degree C for 30 min or 50 degree C for 2 hours followed by steeping in 0.1% carbendazim solution or Setts can be treated with aerated steam at 520C for 4 to 5 hours and by moist hot air at 540C for 2 hours
- Select the setts from the disease free fields or disease free area. Avoid ratooning of the diseased crop. Avoid flow of irrigation water from diseased to healthy plants.
Our Agent replies you soon. Please Fill your details.