Disease Name: Ratoon stunting
- The affected plants are stunted, the stunting being most severe in stubble and ratoon crops.
- In infected stocks, the presence of pin head like orange coloured dots of bacteria on the internal soft tissue in the nodal region
- The setts taken from diseased plantsgerminate poorly and the few shoots that are emergedgrow very slowly.
- Treat the setts with hot water at 50 C for about 2 hours thisgives 100 per cent control. A temperature higher than this would kill the cane and lower temperature than the specified enables the pathogen to survive.
- Ungerminated setts should be removed and fill thegap with new setts which should be treated before planting.
- Select healthy setts for planting and Field should maintain at proper sanitation.
Our Agent replies you soon. Please Fill your details.