Disease Name: Leaf and Fruit rot
- Base or butt rot of planting material occurs when they are not dried and packed with little aeration.
- Fungus also destroys older plants by entering through wounds caused in the collar region while weeding or other operations.
- In severe conditions the entire plant may turn dark and rot within two or three days
- The disease can be controlled by dipping planting materials in 0.3% Dithane Z-78 or by spraying on leaves.
- Copper fungicide should not be used in pineapple as they cause leaf scorching. The diseased plants must be destroyed and suckers for propagation should never be collected from the infested area.
Our Agent replies you soon. Please Fill your details.