Disease Name: Soft rot or rhizome rot
- The collar region of the affected pseudostem becomes water soaked and the rotting spreads to the rhizome resulting in soft rot.
- Foliar symptoms appear as light yellowing of the tips of lower leaves whichgradually spreads to the leaf blades
- In early stages of the disease, the middle portion of the leaves remaingreen while the margins become yellow and the yellowing spreads to all leaves of the plant from the lower region upwards and is followed by drooping, withering and drying of pseudostem.
- Treatment of seed rhizomes with mancozeb 0.3% for 30 minutes before storage and once again before planting reduces the incidence of the disease.
- Cultural practices such as selection of well drained soils for planting is important for managing the disease, since stagnation of water predisposes the plant to infection
- Once the disease is located in the field, removal of affected clumps and drenching the affected and surrounding beds with mancozeb 0.3% checks the spread of the disease.
Our Agent replies you soon. Please Fill your details.