Disease Name: Bud rot
- Loss of lustre and yellowishgreen discoloration of the heart leaf or spear leaf
- Water soaked lesions develop on the base of petioles of youngest leaves. Lesions turn brown and the basal tissues of the leaf rot quickly
- At this stage the spear leaf appears dried, withered and irregular, water soaked spots develop on the petioles of older leaves
- Spray copper fungicides, Bordeaux mixture 1% or Copper oxychloride 0.3% three times at the beginning, middle and cessation of monsoon as a prophylactic measure
- Keep a mixture of CuSO4 + NaCl (1: 3-5 parts) in a cloth bag in the crown or above bud and manage rhinoceros beetle which causes severe damage
- Removal and burning of badly infected palms and the infected trees can be saved if the disease is detected early by removing the infected tissues
Our Agent replies you soon. Please Fill your details.