Disease Name: Basal stem rot
- The trunk tissues internally rot and reddish browngummy fluid exudes out from naturalgrowth cracks
- As a result reddish brown lesions are formed on trunk starting from base, the infection progresses and lesions extend linearly and radially on trunks of infected palms
- Older leaves droop and wither and remain suspended around the trunk. Withering and drooping of leaves progresses in to the upper whorls and the Infected trees die in a few months or two years. Shot hole borer infestation hastens the death of the infected palms
- Root feeding infected palms with Tridemorph 6ml/l twice a year
- Apply FYM (200 kg) and neem cake (5-10 kg) inoculated with Trichoderma viride to each palm during June July months and also apply 2 kg superphosphate and 3 kg muriate of potash and 1 kg urea to each bearing palm, in two splits, one in July and other in November to maintain the vigour of the palm
- Dig out infected palms with entire root system and destroy by burning. Disinfect the pit formed due to removal of infected palms by burning trash and drenching with Bordeaux mixture 1% and new trenches dug for replanting should be filled with FYM, 5 kg neem cake and Trichoderma viride
Our Agent replies you soon. Please Fill your details.